Friday, March 18, 2011

step one to healing...

"You cannot free yourself from a problem by shutting your eyes to it. To free yourself from a problem you have to acknowledge it and face it with your eyes and heart open."
I found the above quote and it resonated loudly from deep within me.Ive always felt i had my eyes open to my past but had to close my heart to it,simply due to the amount of pain involved in having been through it.i have essentially always kept my eyes squeezed tightly,shutting it out and thought i would heal better that way.I've come to the realization that unless i open my eyes and heart i will never heal from the abuse and torture i went through with him and from his hands.he will always have the same effect on me ,much like he did earlier,if I don't face the demons head on.only then will i ever be able to heal and move on completely.
maybe even one day I will forgive him for everything he did and has taken from me.one step at a time i suppose.
with newly opened eyes and an open heart,
letha




No comments: